Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hello my wonderful Family!
Well I might as well start right into my wonderful experiences. So lets start with Monday of last week!Monday was a terrible day, it was terrrrible because it was the first Preparation day where I hadn't done something fantastically wonderful! All I did was clean, did laundry, and then I took a nap; all of which was boring and lame. So Monday was fun! So on Tuesday of last week I went to a non-prophet shelter store and I was able to volunteer my time there! While I was there I learned that they were having a 5 dollar bag sale for the coming week (Wednesday to Saturday) where I could buy everything that I could fit into a jumbo paper sack for 5 dollars! Missionary hallelujah! So I resolved to take advantage of that in the coming days! Also I Tuesday I was able to teach a pastor of a local church here! We had a return appointment which went fantastically! He appreciates our willingness to serve our fellow man and he has promised us that he would come to church next Sunday!  Well on Wednesday I then helped the other organization in the community build a house! We have upgraded our improvement to that of almost finishing all the flooring of the house! So four hours later we were done so we showered and ran to a dinner appointment with the ward mission leader! Wait, first off, during lunch that day I ran back to that thrift/community store and I bought NINE pairs of slacks for 5 dollars!! In the end only six of them are salvageable; there is a very nice lady here that does seem work for all da missionaries! So she is working on those for me! I will hopefully have them soon; I found one pair that are just right so I am wearing these until the time comes!  And that brings me to Thursday! On Thursdays I start the day off at a religious livings warehouse, it’s the D.I. of North Carolina. Needy people come in with a city ordinance or from a church and they are able to get the things that they need! I have been volunteering there since I came here and I can honestly say that I look forward to it each week! So after service I then went to lunch with that same lady who is helping me with my pants; I had taken some of the local Elders from neighboring cities while on exchange to her house and we have been attacking her backyard to make it look fabulous! So she wanted to repay us for that so she asked if she could take us to lunch, we went to a new restaurant in the next town over and I ate the most delicious Turkey Melt I have ever tasted! MMMMMMM!!!!!!   And then after lunch I had another dinner appointment later in the day so I went to that; it was an elderly lady and her grandson, they took us to an Italian restaurant which has some super delicious Stromboli’s!! so that day was a great, super, fantastic, wonderful day! And then it comes toFriday, so on Friday I have district meeting so I went to that and then a new Elder in our district came to my area on exchange, this Elder has been our here for 20 months! I mean wow! So we helped the bishops neighbor with some service and then we went over to the backyard my mom-away-from-home and we rendered more service for her and she was so thrilled! She said that she can never do anything to repay us, she is so sweet and funny! She is the classic old black lady sass and attitude mixed with LDS kindness and motherly concern! Haha! And then that brings me to SaturdaySaturday wasn't as busy! We had study, then we had one lesson, and then we went home and planned for the coming week! So yeah, it was a little more boring. But Sunday was excellent! This last Sunday, I had six investigators come to church! Yep, that’s right, SIX! It was so wonderful! They came and they were able to be there for fast and testimony meeting, well at least three of them, it was very powerful and extremely spiritual! That’s a promise with some of these extra small branches, when we get someone to come, they are welcomed so openly and everyone introduces themselves and the lessons are so strong! I actually taught gospel principles on Sunday, I taught about eternal families and it went so very well! And then for yesterday (Monday), I actually was able to play basketball with some of the young boys in the ward and wow do they have some skill! They are near 11 and 13 but they can work ya, it was nothing I couldn’t handle, but others would have been beat badly! So yeah, yesterday was much more enjoyable and this last week has been very spiritually and physically rewarding!

My scriptures for the family are sitting on my desk at home so I will give you extra next week! But here are some from my memory!
Alma 7: 14-16
Mosiah 4: 9-12
Moroni 8: 25-26
3 Nephi 27



I love you all so very much and I can’t wait to hear from you again soon!

Lots of love from your missionary

Elder Anthony Robert Zonts       

No comments:

Post a Comment